Slides from Presentation:
Resources from nzmaths:
- Nix the Tricks (free ebook)
- 13 Rules that Expire – Google this article and download the pdf. Great Article. Click Here.
- nzmaths resources you found.
- padlet-Barrow Numeracy Training 2017
- Nine Pebbles Round
- Create 3 with Number Line
- Dominating Decimals 4-in-a-row
- Oh, No, 99! middleschool
- Target 15.287 Gameboard
- Target15decimal28 gameboard
- target15decimal2 gameboard
Websites mentioned or referenced
- Jo Boaler’s youcubed – Growth Mindset and brain research related to learning math. Resources, activities, research, videos, and more!
- Robert Kaplinsky – Lots of great problem based lessons and amazing, useful information about DOK as related to math teaching.
- Open Middle – problems worth solving – searchable by domain and grade level.
- Estimation 180 – Build number sense one day at a time with engaging 5 minute estimation tasks
- Twitter – #MTBoS (Math Twitter Blog-o-Sphere)
- Dan Meyer – He started it all with 3-Act Tasks. His blog has so much information about anything you can think of related to math and teaching.
- Desmos Classroom Activities – Create a Teacher account (FREE) and have students create their accounts at student.desmos.com