Problem-Based Learning – Focus on Mathematical Practices:
Games and Puzzles:
- Integer Centrifuge – I separated the inner rings from the outer rings for you, so students can rotate numbers more easily and line up the correct numbers.
- Algebra on Rectangles – link to puzzle sheets and video link – check out how he uses the idea of infinite solutions to solve the puzzle.
- Squares Build of Right Triangles – This was the last puzzle for 8th grade teachers. Again, a video is provided with some interesting information about the puzzle.
- Target Card – order of operations game with playing cards
- Clear the Board – another game for students to use the order of operations
- Mimizu – Japanese for earthworm. This is the last game that 6th and 7th grade teachers played.
- Desmos Teacher Site – use this site to find or create activities
- Desmos Student Site – Students log in here to engage in activities you assign them. Students should create accounts.
- Math Pickle – many of the puzzles we worked through came from this site and there are lots more!